Manama, The Information and eGovernment Authority (iGA) issued its foreign trade report of January 2020, encompassing data on the balance of trade, imports, exports (national origin), and re-exports.
The value of imports increased by 20%, reaching BD445 million during January 2020 compared to BD372 million for the same month the previous year. The top 10 countries accounted for 69% of the value of imports, with the remaining countries accounting for 31%.
According to the report, China ranked first when it came to imports to Bahrain, with a total of BD67 million; United States of America was second with BD35 million; and Saudi Arabia was third with BD32 million.
Non-agglomerated iron ores and concentrates emerged as the top product imported into Bahrain with a total value of BD24 million, while Aluminum oxide was second with BD23 million, and four-wheel drive cars third with BD17 million.
The value of exports of national origin decreased by 5% to BD160 million during January 2020, compared to BD168 million for the same month of the previous year. The top 10 countries in terms of the value of exports of national origin purchased from Bahrain accounted for 82% of the total value, with the remaining countries accounting for 18%.
Saudi Arabia ranked first among countries receiving Bahraini exports of national origin, importing BD41 million from Bahrain. Meanwhile, the United Arab Emirates was second with BD22 million and Indian third with BD12 million.
Unwrought aluminum alloys emerged as the top products exported during January 2020 with BD13 million; brigdes and bridges-sections was second. While, Aluminum wire not alloyed scored third with a value of BD12 millions for both.
The total value of re-exports increased by 28% to reach BD74 million during January 2020, compared to BD58 million for the same month of the previous year. The top 10 countries accounted for 93% of the re-exported value, while the remaining countries accounted for the 7%. The United Arab Emirates ranked first with BD24 million, Saudi Arabia second with BD19 million, and Hong Kong third with BD6 million.
Gold ingots emerged as the top product re-exported from Bahrain with BD17 million, four-wheel drive cars came in second place with BD8 million, and parts for machines of working metal came third with BD4 million.
The trade balance, difference between exports and imports, the value of the deficit of the trade balance reached BD211 million during January of 2020 versus BD147 million for the same month of the previous year with an increase of 44%.
Source: Bahrain News Agency