Doha: The Qatar Olympic Committee (QOC) has announced the members of its pioneering Al Adaam Youth Council, which aims to encourage and develop youth participation in sport in Qatar.
The Al Adaam Youth Council acts as a bridge between the QOC and the youth community in Qatar ensuring their interests are properly heard and represented. Its key objectives and responsibilities include the promotion of the QOC’s strategy, enhancing Olympic values and leveraging the success of Team Qatar as a platform for local youth participation in sport.
The ten (five male and five female) university students who form the Al Adaam Youth Council represent the country’s diverse and dynamic young population aged between 17 and 27 years old:
• Bayan Alyafei a fourth-year Finance and Economics student
• Syed Ali Mustafa, an Accounting and Banking major
• Bashair Obaid Almanwari, a Process Engineering major and Qatar national athletics team player and coach
• Abdulrahman Ouda, a Mechanical Engineering student
• Haya Monawwar, a first-year Sustainable Energy major
• Najla Zuhir, an IT Software major
• Musab Mohammed Eltayeb, a Business Management (Marketing) major
• Siwar Alali, a MA student in Media and Cultural Studies
• Ali Ahmed Al-Yazidi, a third-year Business Management student
• Noora Hamad Al Thani, a third-year Management Information System student
Bashair Obaid Almanwari, Qatar National Athletics Team Player, said:
“It is my pleasure to join the QOC’s Al Adaam Youth Council which will act as a perfect bridge between the local youth communities and the QOC, ensuring that we can empower even more young people through sport.”
Source: Qatar Olympic Committee