The Deputy Prime Minister, HE Shaikh Khalid bin Abdulla Al Khalifa, today chaired the weekly Cabinet Meeting at Gudaibiya Palace.
The Cabinet highlighted the address delivered by His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa at the 32nd Arab League Summit. During his speech, HM the King invited leaders of Arab states to next year’s Summit, which will be held in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
The Cabinet noted that HM the King’s address reflects Bahrain’s commitment to upholding regional security and continued stability and prosperity.
The Cabinet also congratulated the King, the Government, and the people of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia on the success of the Summit, which was an extension of Saudi’s diplomatic and humanitarian efforts to preserve regional security, stability, and unity.
The Cabinet welcomed the election of the Minister of Health as the Chair of the Main Committee (A), by the World Health Assembly for its 76th session. The Cabinet expressed its appreciation for the confidence placed in the Kingdom of Bahrain’s healthcare capabilities and its response to global health challenges.
The Cabinet also welcomed Bahrain International Airport’s receipt of two sustainability awards: the Green Airports Recognition 2023 award (for airports serving 8 to 15 million passengers annually) and a certificate marking its upgrade to Level 4 ‘Transformation’ from the Airports Council International (ACI) Airport Carbon Accreditation program.
To mark the 42nd anniversary of the GCC’s founding, the Cabinet affirmed the Kingdom of Bahrain’s support for the GCC’s efforts in achieving the ambitions of its leaders and their people’s aspirations.
The Cabinet discussed several memorandums during the meeting, approving the following:
1. A memorandum submitted by the Ministerial Committee for Financial and Economic Affairs and Fiscal Balance regarding the Kingdom of Bahrain’s contributions and memberships to international organisations.
2. A memorandum by the Minister of Finance and National Economy and the Minister of Industry and Commerce regarding the decision of the GCC Standing Committee for Combating Harmful Practices in International Trade to continue imposing antidumping fees on several GCC imports.
3. A memorandum submitted by the Ministerial Committee for Legal and Legislative Affairs regarding an MoU between the Ministry of Interior’s National Cyber Security Centre and Amazon. The MoU aims to strengthen cooperation on cloud computing.
4. A memorandum of cooperation between the Bahrain Authority for Culture and Antiquities and the Royal Commission for AlUla in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to enhance cooperation between the two countries in heritage tourism and the preservation of culture.
5. A memorandum submitted by the Ministerial Committee for Legal and Legislative Affairs regarding 5 MoUs between the University of Bahrain and regional and international bodies.
6. A memorandum submitted by the Ministerial Committee for Legal and Legislative Affairs regarding two MoUs between Bahrain Polytechnic, Peking University, and the Hikvision Research Institute in the fields of education and research.
7. A memorandum submitted by the Ministerial Committee for Legal and Legislative Affairs on the government’s response to 4 proposals submitted by the Council of Representatives.
The Cabinet also reviewed a memorandum submitted by the Minister of Municipalities Affairs and Agriculture regarding the Farmers Market.
Finally, the Cabinet noted the following ministerial reports:
1. The outcomes of the meeting of the Economic and Social Council for the 32nd regular session of the Arab Summit at the ministerial level
2. The outcomes of the 119th meeting of the GCC Financial and Economic Cooperation Committee
3. The Kingdom of Bahrain’s participation at the XIV International Economic Forum “RUSSIA ISLAMIC WORLD: KAZANFORUM” 2023
4. The official visit of the Minister of Industry and Commerce to Japan and the Republic of Korea.
Source: Bahrain News Agency