The Ministry of Commerce and Industry has announced a ban on car washing activities in public and private lots, including outdoor parking lots in malls and on commercial streets.
This step comes as part of the Ministry’s efforts to regulate and monitor commercial activities across Qatar, as well as take the necessary measures to curb illegal practices.
The Ministry stated car washing shall be limited to licensed companies, and be performed solely in underground parking lots (the basement) of commercial and consumer malls, with the approval of the entity to which the site belongs, and provided that a suitable space is allocated for the activity in terms of the number of parking spaces. Additionally, the general and special requirements as per the laws and regulations must be adhered to, and they include:
• Allocating suitable places for car washing activities that contain drainage points.
• Ensuring that employees wear clean and decent uniforms, on which the name of the company and the worker is indicated.
• Maintaining general cleanliness.
• Abstaining from following and bothering customers.
• Ensuring the provision of and the use of clean tools when washing cars.
• Adhering to all precautionary measures put in place to curb the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
The Ministry stressed that all concerned companies must adhere to the decision above. Any violation of this decision exposes perpetrators to legal accountability and procedures.
Source: Ministry of Commerce and Industry